Saturday 12 April 2014

Dreamy Bows

Whilst browsing on Tumblr I came across a store that catered to hime and lolita fashion, Dreamy Bows. I've never worn lolita because I personally feel like the style wouldn't suit me and I haven't got the guts to even think of dressing myself in Jesus Diamante but I decided to take a browse around the store anyway. It wouldn't hurt, right?

Wrong.

I ended up blowing far too much money there!

As a UK based importer of Japanese brands I found some surprises there. They stock from DreamV, Chocomint, Angelic Pretty, Dolly Wink, Diamond Lash... I could go on. I had been looking at a pair of shoes that I used to see on DreamV (ironically I can't see them on the store anymore so perhaps they were removed since...) but I had stopped myself from buying them due to sizing issues. DreamV actually had a size chart that broke the sizes down into UK sizes.

Did I crumble and buy them? Oh yes.

Was it worth it?


Yes.

The package arrived within two days and everything was securely wrapped. The shoes themselves came in a cute pink and white plastic bag and were in perfect condition. They even had a Dreamy Bows tag attached to them around the heart shaped heel so it was really easy to remove.

I was really surprised at how quickly they arrived and the size of the box they came in!

The website recommends going one size lower because the shoes are big fitting. I have awkward feet at a UK size 5.5 so I'm forced to usually wear a size 5 or 6. I bought the size L shoes and I promise you that they fit fine. There's even a little room should my big old feet decide they should want to grow.


Honestly, I thought these shoes were going to be a pain to keep on and uncomfortable. I've always had problems with slip on shoes but I've been lusting after these shoes forever so I was willing to deal with those problems. Surprisingly I've never once had these shoes slip off my feet. I've walked up hills in them, I've jumped around with them, I've stumbled around in them and they've always remained on my feet even with cute frilled socks on!

They're also surprisingly comfortable. I had heard that Japanese shoes had extra padding and were more contoured to the foot previously but I had always brushed this off because I've heard a lot of brands say that and fail to deliver.

These actually did. I didn't get any blisters from them and I had no sore feet despite wearing these shoes for hours at a time. I have extraordinarily weak ankles so I fall a lot and I never once fell over with these.


I'd honestly buy from Dreamy Bows again just because of how fast and convenient the shipping was and the fact that they convert shoe sizes for me. They also sell accessories, make-up, wigs, etc. I've actually purchased Chocomint accessories from them and they're exactly as pictured.

The top 5 things on my wishlist are as below:

Curly Split Wig - Honey x Brown
Diamond Lash - Dolly Eye
Dual Strap Lace Bag - Boston Brown
Rose & Pearl Heart Heels - Pink
Super Long Taro Wig - Brown Blend

If you're a lolita they also stock Angelic Pretty items which I know can be a pain importing.

Stay sweet!

email me

No comments:

Post a Comment