Monday 14 January 2013

Snooty Fobs & My Mother

A few weeks ago I stopped by Newcastle's Vivienne Westwood store in order to treat myself. I've been a good girl and worked hard all year; sometimes it's nice to treat myself.


I have a bit of a funny story!

For those of you who don't know, if you don't look as though you have a lot of cash to splash the shop staff at these stores will look down on you. When we went in we had to open the door (this is relevant okay) by ourselves and the shop staff looked both my mum and I up and down and blew us off.

Unbeknownst to them I was going to splash out so I paid little to no attention to them. If they want to be rude, let them! They'll get their just desserts one day!

Now, let me tell you about the store. It's large and quite quiet so everyone's talking in hushed whispers. A lot of things are behind glass cases but they have security staff on the doors just in case people like... try and run out with a shoe or something. I don't know! The shop staff were also watching us like a hawk because they were judgemental little gits.

Don't they know not to judge a book by it's cover?

Anyway, I pick up a bag and it was kind of love at first sight. I loved the bag, the bag loved me. Money was no object. I had to own this bag even if it killed me.


Look! Isn't it gorgeous?

So I've picked up this bag and I'm feeling pretty satisfied with myself. And then I hear it.

From the other side of the quiet shop my mother is like, "RACHAEL COME HERE QUICK." Now, I don't know what she's spotted. It could be anything. Like, expensive anything.

Now, let me tell you about my mother. She's a wonderful, charming lady who acts more 18 than 41. She gets excitable easily and sometimes I have to worry about her!! She also hates it when people act snooty and well, the shop staff had been acting snooty so you can imagine that she's really trying to show off.

What she's found is the purses. By the time I've gone over to her she's got the guy taking a purse out and I'm like, "Yes it's lovely. How much is it?"

And the guy is like, "£130," so I'm thinking WOAH I DON'T NEED THIS I COULD BUY SOMETHING ELSE WITH THIS.

My mother? "WE'LL TAKE IT."


Is it lovely?

Yes.

Is my mother a bad influence?

Yes.

...I wish I had more opportunities to use such an expensive purse. I'm very wary because what if it gets stolen? What an excellent purchase, brilliant decision Rachie.

2 comments:

  1. I like the wallet! I never really looked up Vivienne Westwood items before...and they're actually more affordable than I'd imagine.. I always thought it was really up there with some other designers, but it's not, which is great because it means it's not impossible for me to afford their stuff :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wallet is super pretty! it may seem expensive now, but im sure you will get so much use out of it.. dw!
    hehe

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete