Sunday 14 August 2011

Ageha: Ayumi Hamasaki

People who know me well know that I'm a die-hard Ayumi Hamasaki fan, and have been so for years now. So when I was flicking through September's issue of Ageha I was really surprised; they were gyaru-ifying celebrities (so to speak) and they did so to Ayumi's RULE/Sparkle cover!

For reference, here's Ayu's version of the cover.



And here is the Ageha version.



Personally, I'm not too sure how to feel about this. It is identifiable as the RULE/Sparkle covers but there's something that just feels off with this. Maybe it's the use of the coloured circle lenses or the huge amount of sparkles Ageha seems to use everywhere? Ayumi has pulled off 'gyaru' looks in the past but I don't think the RULE/Sparkle covers were supposed to be this way. It's really interesting!

They also did this to other celebrities including Namie Amuro, Achan and Tomochin from AKB's 'Everyday Kachuusha' covers and even Lady Gaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment